Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Bachelor Week 1- Winners and Losers

Episode one of the Bachelor had a lot of things we love about the show- drinks, sharks, first impressions and people ocming out of a limo. Probably not the most memorable first episode. I meamn Shark Dolphin girl will be talked about for awhile, the red dresses are a thing I am sure girls will avoid for awhile and I bet camels will be a new trend. 

Overall, I did enjoy what I saw. The first 30 minutes was based on making people like Nick. Short of him saving someones life, I think it was a decent job. He is a family guy and looks he works out in Chicago. What a great guy! Kidding of course. I feel bad for his family (see below).

Then you met some girls, met even more girls, saw people fight for time and then some tears. Basically a classic Friday night in a college town. 

Brian and I will discuss this more in the First Episode of The Bachelor Party, your go to fantasy bachelor podcast. We have sleepers, the up-and-comers and more thoughts. 

While we all reflect on what went on, though, I have some winners and losers. 

Winners

Me for rocking my onesie- It's really tough as a 25 year old to wear a onesie. When I got it for Christmas, I had to rack my brain as to when I could wear it and The Bachelor was one of my first thoughts. I also rocked the shit out of it. New year, New me. 

Camel owners- If I own a Camel farm, I am advertising that hump joke as often as possible. Hell, I am calling ABC today and asking how many camels they would like for next year. A good hump joke and a pretty lady- it's a deadly combo. 

Neil Lang- Normally, Neil hangs back. He is a favorite at the end as he brings beautiful rings to start what is sure to be an ever lasting marriage. He is that quiet hero on a championship team that people forget about, but when it comes time to show praise they remember his part in it all. Getting him on episode one was a treat, and I am surprised that it took this long for someone to think about that. Kind of creepy though to call your shot with the ring. 

Wisconsin- I spent New Years in the state, so they got a boost for that. However, with Nick originally being from Wisconsin and a couple of contestants bonding over it with him, including one of my favorites Whitney, I think I can overlook my hatred for the Packers and give Wisconsin a tip of the hat 

Jimmy Kimmel- No one is reaping the benefits of The Bachelor becoming such a hit then this guy. Most talk shows want to be the one right after the Super Bowl and i legit think he just wants to keep his spot right after The bachelor. He gets those random people on his show, stirs up drama, and has easy jokes with there. 

Losers: 

Olivia- Look, I lived in Alaska for two months. So I am basically from the great white north (no idea if this is what that state actually goes by). Her Eskimo Kiss idea was, in my opinion, one of the best first impressions. So, now that she didn't make it because Nick sucks, the idea was wasted. 

Red Dresses- You know no one will touch a red dress at the beginning of next season. You could say they are winners, but it seems like they got a bad rep and will be avoided for a little while. no way 15 more red dresses are worn this season. 

Nick's family- They were used to shed light on their shitty kid. To prove he really isn't that bad. it's like a political flaunting his family, when in the end they are actually terrible human beings. No amount of cute kids throwing pepperonis on a pizza will help me convince that Nick was fine. 

Dolphin Trainers- You know the people who spent years becoming dolphin trainers are being sent clips of Alexis throwing treats to her dog, saying she is wearing a dolphin costume (WHEN IF YOU SEARCH SHARK COSTUME THIS IS THE FIRST THING THAT COMES UP!), and plenty more tidbits from one of my favorites from the first night. If I went to school for something difficult and someone kind of shit on it on The Bachelor, I think I would be pissed off too. 

Keep an ear our for Bachelor Party, coming out tomorrow. We will be your go to Fantasy source for The Bachelor.

No comments:

Post a Comment