Sunday, November 30, 2014

Killed an unarmed squirrel with my car. No media outburst?

Early this morning as I was driving my friends home from the bar where we had spent the night drinking and listening to rock music, I hit and killed a squirrel with my car. The squirrel did not appear to be armed, and the autopsy would should that the squirrel was actually running from my car in an effort not to be hit. Did this receive national media attention? Hell no! Have Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton showed up to Elgin to speak on the squirrels behalf? Not even close. To my knowledge, President Obama hasn't had a press conference or even addressed the issue. Nobody has resorted to rioting or even demanded justice for this squirrel. If it were a white Rav4 and I had hit a raccoon everybody would throw a big stink, but because my car is black nobody seems to talk about it.

Now obviously I am joking here, other than the part about the squirrel dying RIP. But the thing is, there are a shitload of you out there who have posted, shared, or liked links saying that people don't care about black on white crime. If you are one of those people, then fuck you. More than half of those links have a picture of the killer in that case, and it is almost always a mug shot because they have been convicted. The national spotlight and outrage comes because these white people are getting away with killing unarmed black children. Even if you believe Darren Wilson's story, in which he was able to handle all of the evidence for some fucking reason, you have to at least admit that he should be put on trial? Come on. Not the point I am trying to make though. No, not all crime gets this type of coverage. Yes, sometimes that crime can be black on white. That doesn't even compare to the amount of black on black crime that doesn't get reported, but once again that's not the point. If you can't understand why stories like Michael Brown or Trayvon Martin's need a lot of media attention then you are blissfully ignorant about the amount of racism that still takes place in this country. I won't post it because it is too upsetting and graphic, but if you want, check out this video of a Cleveland cop shooting a 12 year old with a BB gun. They shot him within seconds of arrival. The 911 call actually said "I don't think the gun is real but I want someone to check it out". Check it out doesn't really mean come shoot this kid to death as soon as you pull up to the situation. THIS IS A PROBLEM IN THE COUNTRY AND STORIES LIKE THIS NEED THE NATIONAL MEDIA OUTBURTS AND THE ATTENTION FROM EVERYBODY. FUCK YOU IF YOU CAN'T SEE THAT.

Whatever, I don't have business talking about this. I am not smart. But I just can't comprehend the ignorance I see on my social media every day. Just watch this Jon Stewart clip. He is better than I am.



4 comments:


  1. Y­o­u­ ­c­a­n­ ­w­a­t­c­h­ ­N­F­L­ ­L­i­ve­ ­O­n­l­i­n­e­ ­o­n­ ­ nflhdnetwork . com ­i­t­ ­i­s­ ­t­h­e­ ­b­e­s­t­ ­w­a­y­ ­t­o­ ­w­a­t­c­h­ ­N­F­L­ ­L­i­v­e­ ­S­t­r­e­a­m­ ­i­n­ ­H­D­ . ­i­f­­y­o­u­ ­w­a­n­t­ ­w­a­t­c­h­ ­g­o­o­d­ ­q­u­a­l­i­t­y­.
    .

    Free TRIAL Here => nflhdnetwork.com

    ReplyDelete


  2. You can watch all NFL games live or on-demand, NFL Red Zone, NFL Network 24/7, the entire NFL Films Archive, and much more. NFLHDSPORTS .COM works on Computer, Laptop, Tablet, Android, iPhone, iPad, Xbox, Roku or Smart TV. Just check out here: NFLHDSPORTS



    NFLHDSPORTS
    NFLHDSPORTS .COM

    NFLHDSPORTS .COM

    You can view AMERICAN FOOTBAL are living on the net, nevertheless, you will need cash, the cheapest strategy to AMERICAN FOOTBAL is usually with

    NFLHDSPORTS .COM

    NFLHDSPORTS

    NFLHDSPORTS .COM

    , I must say i suggest this kind of source, therefore go on and understand. Most likely you know yet I wish to help remind anyone which


    NFLHDSPORTS

    NFLHDSPORTS

    NFLHDSPORTS .COM

    NFLHDSPORTS .COM

    NFLHDSPORTS .COM

    NFLHDSPORTS .COM
    and buy registration from their store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Provides NFL game titles of their selling price. I really advocate to attend
    NFLHD.COM

    nfl live streaming

    NFLHD.COM

    nfl free streaming

    NFLHD



    NFLHD.COM



    NFLHD .COM



    NFLHD. COM and buy ongoing from their store.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Provides NFL game titles of their selling price. I really advocate to attend
    nfl live streaming



    nfl free streaming



    NFLHD



    NFLHD.COM



    NFLHD .COM



    NFLHD. COM and buy ongoing from their store.

    ReplyDelete