Tuesday, November 4, 2014

WhatSupTho HateBlog- In Your Face Atheists


Let's get one thing out of the way, I am not at all a religious person. I attend church 4 times a year (Christmas, Easter, Mother's Day, and my mother's birthday) only out of love for my mom. I was raised Catholic, and went through all of the steps to reach my confirmation when I was 16 years old, but I was too hungover on the morning of the "Mandatory Rehearsal" and talked my mom out of making me do it. I do have a tough time believing that a dude made a boat and got 2 of every animal on it. I don't really want to worship a dude who's not cool with gay people. Also, I'm not positive that a guy can rise from the dead and walk around for 3 days without sparking some sort of a zombie apocalypse. 

Although I don't personally believe that organized religion is the best option for me, I can absolutely see why it may be necessary for others. Believing in a higher power can help instill hope in those who need it the most. The ideas of Heaven and Hell may be the difference between a person being a good or shitty person. Religion can bring ordinary people together to do extraordinary things, so you can believe whatever the hell you want to believe, as long as those beliefs are allowing you to be the best person that you can be. 

Unfortunately, we can't just be happy with our own beliefs helping us feel better. We feel the need to push our religion onto others and try to make everyone else see it our way. That's actually kind of how a lot of wars have started. Here in our lives, however, it usually just leads to a lot of annoying facebook posts. We all know the annoying people that keep posting about how great God is and how you need to find him and shit. Get out of my face with that. However, the other side is soooo much fucking worse.

If you want to be atheist that is perfectly fine with me. If you don't have to believe in a higher power to help you get through life without being a murderer or a rapist than good on you. I hated sitting through church every Sunday and listening to the boring sermons when all I really wanted to be doing was sitting at home and watching the NFL pregame shows. At the same time, I hated sitting through science class every day almost as much. So you can sit here all day and post your "I'm fucking gay for science" links and try to make people who believe in god feel bad and call them all idiots. Then all of your other atheist asshole friends can go on and make sarcastic comments that just further shows that the Bible is unrealistic, but does an even better job of showing that you are all just a bunch of miserable assholes.

You're right. It is VERY unrealistic that Adam and Eve came to Earth and then all of their offspring did the incest thing and that's how we all got here. You are wayyy ahead on that argument. But you aren't going to change anyone's minds. The only people that are going to listen to your opinions are people like me who really don't really give a shit at the end of the day, as long as we have our beer and shitty food. Can't you see what you are doing? You are so against organized religion and religious people who are in your face that you have started a religion of your own, except all of your "believers" are just a bunch of glass half empty assholes who refuse to believe something is miraculous because the thought of other people being happy makes them miserable. You think you are doing us a favor by sticking it to those people who might post a bible verse from time to time when they are having a rough time. Really you are just feeding the fire.

I don't care if you worship Jesus, Buddha, or nothing at all. Just make sure that you are a loving, caring, empathetic individual and everything will be alright. If you can do that, what other people need to believe in to be a better person really shouldn't matter to you. 

Although it is pretty ridiculous to deny evolution. Just look at this logic.

No comments:

Post a Comment