Monday, October 13, 2014

Bro-Down at the YMCA

I was working out with my buddy at a YMCA a few months ago and he said I was doing it all wrong. "Bruh, you need to go to a place like LA Fitness for better motivation." I asked what he meant and he said, the more guys lifting heavier weights, the more motivation you get to want to improve. I understand where he is coming from but I disagree about his views on the YMCA.

From my experience the local YMCA is filled with old fucks who can barely walk and don't really understand what is going on. That right there is my motivation.

When I go to the YMCA and lift, every rep I do is dedicated not to be like them in the later years of my life. Before every set you want to get pumped up in your own personal way. It could be music, looking at the slags on the ellipticals, or wishing you could be the bro next to you warming up with two plates on each side. Me? I do it differently.
 

Before every set, I don't turn up my favorite Rise Against song, I don't look at the slags, and I don't look at the bros. I look at the old fuck with his foot stuck in the stair master and think to myself, "one more rep."



No comments:

Post a Comment