Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Voice makes singing look fun

I am not a fan of talent competition shows. I never gave a shit about American Idol, other than when I'm dreaming about how awesome it would be to just make eye contact with Carrie Underwood. I would almost rather do anything in the world than to watch Dancing with the Stars. The Biggest Loser makes me want to throw up. The Voice, on the other hand, is actually pretty good. Blake Shelton is hysterical. I don't care if you hate his music, he's got a quick wit, he drinks all the time, and I think him and I would make great friends. Also, there is usually a hot judge. Christina always wears slutty outfits, which is fun. Shakira is an absolute smoke if you just press mute when she is talking. Gwen doesn't do it for me, but that doesn't take away from Adam Levine's sexy ass.

Probably the best part of the show, however, is the battle rounds. The coaches pick two of their team members to sing a duet together and if they are dumb enough to match up two very talented singers, it can make for a pretty awesome song. Last night, Pharell and his stupid fucking hat did just that. You can watch that magic below.

How fun does that shit look? Like its kinda gay or whatever to dig a duet between two dudes as much as I do, but this makes me wish I had a killer voice. It may not be masculine, but I feel like it would be a blast to just fucking bust out some notes and harmonize with the bros. I like to think of myself as a solid karaoke performer, but if you give me an adequate voice to go with my unrivaled stage presence, I would be a legend.

As good as it was, it could never touch this battle, when Jesse and Anthony murdered this Alicia Keys track. Frankly, I don't think anything ever will.


Long live the king of reality competition shows. Long live the dude duets.

No comments:

Post a Comment