Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The One About the One: The Truth Will Cost You


(To review the show, visit here . )
Lets start this blog off by saying that I took three pages of notes for this episode. I took more notes watching one episode of “Are You the One” than 80 percent of my journalism classes. If I didn’t take journalism law, I would have taken more notes during this episode than during my senior year journalism classes for sure.

So the episode begins with everyone still grieving in the fact only two spotlights went up in the first ceremony.

Besides some of the ladies trying to figure out who were matches (Strategy alert), we are shown Nathan and Shelby talking to one another. They are both opening up about their lives, which is just sweet and informative.  Nathan spoke about his heart breaking past and Shelby mentioned she was adopted by lesbians.  More on this couple later

After that Bombshell, Brandon and Christina are shown canoodling in the three foot pool.Brandon is fascinated by everything Shelby tells him (or so he says.) However, the lack of adoption by lesbians does not have me as interested.  Either way, they are making out in the pool with inner tubes wrapped around them. Those kids are always using protection

After Bradon admitted to wanting to kiss Christina “like, everywhere”, the weekly Challenge begans!

In the challenge this week the boys were challenged to dig into 11 sand shapped hearts. Each heart had a quote in it, and the quote was to be matched up with the girl the guys think said it. The girls, on the other hand, were asked to sit back and drink.

Side note: All these people do is drink. Coming from someone who has drank a beer or two in his day, i kind of hope this is actually a show that will help these people with their drinking problems.  It was fortunate for the girls  to sit out though, because as Ellie, one of my favorite people on the show, pointed out, “(her) and seven other girls were on their period.” 

I learned two things after the challenge: 1. I would never reveal any personal information to anyone because I don’t want it used against me in reality show challenge, and 2. love sick Nathan is terrible at digging. Have you even read Holes?!

Winners of the challenge turned out to be: Curtis (who would pick Briana for the dream date), Alex (who would pick Jasmine) and Brandon (of course he picks Christina.) While the couples were excited about their dream date zip lining, SHAKA BRAH, soon the worry about the Truth Booth set in.

I mean if it turns out Christina and Brandon are a match, like they think they are, someone gets sent home. Instead of finding love , that person will be forced to live with their parents and deal with their drinking problem alone. Life truly is a bitch.

Lets get to the Truth Booth. Even with the possibility of someone leaving, Brandon and Christina were voted in. I was cheering for these kids. Brandon wanted to kiss her all over, and over and again till the night grew easy. 

Brandon and Christina pretty confident about their love. I don't know about you, but this pissed me off. Soon I was team #nomatch. 

Well, they went in. The laser scanned them.  And wouldn’t you know it, THEY WEREN’T A MATCH!  Brandon was about to cry and Christina went to the girls for comfort.  I was celebrating.

Like any tough situation, people were divided. Either they were all about figuring out the next move or trying to grieve over the loss of the beloved couple. Surpringly no one was drinking.

After the tears were shed, strategies were formed, and Ellie got over her period (actually, I don’t know if she did. I am confused by those things), the girls picked the guy they thought were their perfect match in the light ceremony. 

I imagine that for me this process would be a lot like the Sadie Hawkins dance. I wouldn't get asked and would spend the night hanging with my friends. 

The biggest drama came when Shelby was forced to choose her man. Does she go with Nathan, AKA Stanley Yelnats in the beginning of Holes, or Dario, who was snaking hard by throwing out a bunch of sports quotes about her being "the trophy" and Nathan "striking out." Dario should write for us.

In the end she went with Dario. Nathan basically swore he would never like her again. I once again celebrated.

At the end, 2 spotlights went off. Same as last week. These crazy kids are pretty far from love and only have eight more tries for the million. If only there was a beverage to help them feel better.

Most Valuable One of Week- My main man Alex



 This dude had two really good quotes. He pointed out that Tyler (which is a girls name I guess) was hot until she started talking. Then, when trying to get to know Jasmine during the dream date, he asked what her dreams were besides being successful and stuff. He has a way with words. Also his hair is rad. 

However he did have his faults. Once given the chance to pick which girl was his match, he ditched Ellie. She is getting a bad rap. Once again though, the hair is rad and he likes to journal. Another potential hire for us! 

Runners up – Ellie, Dario.

Until next week or until I get sick of watching....


No comments:

Post a Comment