Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Packers Week 7 Recap



Our usual Packers recap contributor, Colin, had to work this week so he didn't catch the game. Boy did he miss a fun one. Like most of the games in my Week 7 Pick'em I was dead wrong on this one. Truth is, I just say we are going to lose so that it can be a pleasant surprise if we do win, and I don't have to be as disappointed by our losses.

As I said in the pick'em, we needed a big game out of Eddie Lacy and our running game against a pretty awful Carolina run defense. While Lacy was our reading rusher with just 63 yards, he had an excellent game rushing for 5.2 yards per carry. Starks also got going picking up 36 yards in just 7 carries (5.1 per carry). Everyone knows the Packers offense is extremely dangerous with Aaron Rodgers. But if we can get Lacy and Starks going for over 5 a carry we cannot be stopped. 

"R-E-L-A-X"- I am sure every non-Packers fan is sick of hearing about this quote from Rodgers, but I am gonna talk about it some more. After the Packers started 1-2 for the third consecutive year, fans like me started to get a little bitchy. Then the confident Mr. Rodgers did something that Cutty wouldn't do. He told his bitchy fan base to relax, because they were gonna get their shit together.

I get angry a lot and start to act a little pissy. If this ever happens, and your intention is to settle me down, the LAST thing I would advise you to do is to tell me to "relax" or "calm down". That's like putting gasoline on a fire, because I promise you it will only make it worse. So when I heard my quarterback say that to our incredibly stupid fan base (there is a reason he had to spell the word out) my initial reaction was "Fuck you. I'll relax when you give me reason to relax."

Well, we certainly have a reason to take a deep breath now. Since Aaron was our human Xanax, all he has done is complete 70.6% of his passes and throw 13 TD to 0 INT on his way to leading the Packers to a 4 game win streak. The team has 36.25 PPG since then, and we are currently sitting at the 6th seed in the NFC playoff bracket, tied in record with the Detroit Lions atop the division.

Our defense was impressive too. We held the offense to almost nothing in the first half, and gave up just two garbage time touchdowns in the 4th quarter. One of those touchdowns was to Derek Anderson, so we don't even really have to count that one. 

I am a tough fan to please, but these last 4 weeks have been pretty enjoyable. I think this guy agrees.




PS- Every week my Packer fan friends take place in a group chat that turns out to look like a Packer fetish AOL chatroom. Here are the gayest quotes from the week

I want to have his babies 12:11 pm

I just came   12:17 pm

Kinda wanna give Starks a hickey 12:39 pm

I want Aaron to creampie me 1:55 pm


:

No comments:

Post a Comment